The mission of The Learning Tree, Inc. is to address the academic, social and developmental needs of K-12 students by providing extended day and summer learning opportunities for students to engage in recreational activities that foster an interest and proficiency in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM); and to provide academic support, tutoring, and mentoring.
The core goals of our program are:
- To increase the performance of at risk students on standardized assessments in math, reading and science by providing them with high quality academic support from trained teachers, paraprofessionals and instructional aides.
- To increase the interest and proficiency of underrepresented students in science, technology, engineering and applied math through hands-on project based activities, field experiences, museum studies and STEM Fairs.
- To increase literacy through the integration of visual and performing arts with science, technology, engineering and math (STEAM).
- To increase literacy through the appropriate use of computers and the internet for research and written communication.
- To expose students to a network of mentors and practitioners from the STEM/STEAM fields who are willing to share their time and expertise to foster positive youth development.